Saturday, December 1, 2007

Last night in Paris

Tonight is my last night in Paris. Yes, it's true. I can't believe how fast it went by. A month in Paris. A full six weeks in Europe. Ok ok granted I had a short reprieve at home for three days. (As a tangent, I was in Toronto for almost exactly three days, but I was gone from Paris for almost exactly four days - yes I lost a full day in transit. Kind of bizarre.)

Alex and I are still in the process of deciding on hostels for Amsterdam and Brussels. It's been interesting for me - this whole researching and deciding on hostels. You do your best - try to figure out where the cool part of town is, deciding what 'type' of place you want to stay in, and then - of course the hardest - figuring out which hostels are good and which should be avoided. There are websites where visitors can rate hostels and comment on their experience there. These do prove helpful but I find myself suffering momentary doubts like : "What if this person really hated this hostel? What if this was the worst experience of their life? What if they are really trying to screw me over?" Well, if so, then fine. I bought it.

So we are leaving tomorrow in the morning. A four hour drive to Strasbourg (yes, Rowan, via Reims... so let's make that probably five hours). Who knows what trouble we'll find in Strasbourg. Then of course the German banking capital Frankfurt. I am really excited. I am excited about the adventure of it. Yes we may encounter some setbacks. We may get lost, have car problems, or end up losing our hostel reservation. But we will get through it - and have fun while we're at it! That's the goal. Go with the flow.

Because after all, life is like a box of chocolates - so you might as well enjoy each bite.