Monday, March 3, 2008

Another adventure!

I am off again on another adventure. In a few hours, I will board a plane. 21.5 hours, 9 time zones, and one international dateline later, I will arrive in Sydney. It should be noted, by the way, that I am going from Toronto where the temperature in the last week dipped down to -25oC to a place where it is forecast to be 25oC and sunny when I arrive.

I am going to be spending five days on my own in Sydney, exploring the city and likely the surrounding beaches. Then, Megan (a girl friend from high school) arrives and we head to Adelaide to see some of Australia's wine country. Then a surf camp, a stop in Byron Bay, and a few days in Brisbane. Three weeks total in Australia.

On March 25th, we fly from Brisbane to Christchurch, New Zealand. After a couple of days to get settled there, we are meeting up with a tour that will take us all through NZ's rugged terrain. Hiking the fox glacier, exploring caves, enjoying the beaches, everything. Three weeks later, we end up in Auckland, where our trip will draw to a close.

I am excited and nervous. Six weeks without more than five days in any one place is going to be whirlwind! But adventures are supposed to come with some risk and I know that this one will bring huge rewards!