Thursday, November 15, 2007

Checking in

Today marks two weeks that I have been in my apartment and just two days short of a full month in Europe. So I thought that at this point I would finally acquiesce to those of who you have been saying: Yes, yes, the blog is wonderful and all that, but what have you been doing??

As of today, since I have been in Paris (so not counting my adventures in Bordeaux), I have seen/visited/walked through:
  • Musée du Louvre (x2)
  • Musée d'Orsay
  • Avenue des Champs-Élysées (x2)
  • Arc de Triomphe (x2, though not to the top yet)
  • Notre Dame (many times)
  • Musée Dali
  • Musée Picasso
  • Montmarte
  • Sacre Coeur
  • Eglise Saint-Severin
  • Saint-Chapelle (x2)
  • Hôtel des Invalides
  • Tombe de Napoléon
  • Musée Rodin
  • Quartier Latin
  • Palais et Jardin du Luxembourg
  • Place de la Bastille
  • Place des Vosges (including seeing Victor Hugo's house)
  • Jardins des Tuileries
  • Place de la Concorde
  • Le Marais
  • Place de la Madeleine
  • Place de l'Opéra

This is of course along with more restaurants and cafés than I can count and similarly countless tiny streets. I have also crossed many of Paris's magnificent bridges and walked along the banks of the Seine.

You may notice that I have not yet been to (or up) the Eiffel Tower. Yes. I have seen it many, many times, though. It is unmissable. It is as though no matter where you are in the city, you can always see the Eiffel Tower. And it is spectacular. I will go, of course, and probably wait in line and buy a ticket to go up to the top. But I am in no rush.

I would also like to extend an invitation to those of you with ideas. If you have suggestions, please send them my way. I am particularly interested in things off the beaten trail. I have the time and I would love to discover more of the many unbelievable things about this city.