Friday, November 16, 2007

Paris virgins

I love Paris virgins. Yes, there are some out there. And for all those whose minds went straight to the gutter - no, I'm not talking about sexually inactive Paris inhabitants. I'm talking about people who have never been to Paris before.

There is something absolutely delightful about being with someone who has never been in Paris before. Paris is unlike any other city I have ever been in and I have to imagine that others have a similar feeling about it. When you first experience it, it seems overwhelming. You want to look everywhere; you want to take pictures of everything; you marvel at the enormity of it all.

As someone who has gotten to know Paris better over the past month or so, I love sharing it with newbies. I love pointing out the amazing little nuances that one can miss at first glance. I love explaining the background or history behind a particular thing. I feel as though I am morphing into a temporary Parisian and want to share my adopted city with the world.

It really takes barely one day for someone to understand why Paris is so amazing.